Sunday, June 15, 2008

The American Apparel Reality Check

I did it people.

I went to American Apparel to see what life is like in skinny pants.

Before I continue I just want to preface this entry in saying there's nothing wrong with skinny pants, but I'm just not that comfortable being that well-defined.

Let me explain. I rolled up into American Apparel and was immediately greeted by the most dainty man I've ever seen. In fact, he looked anemic, pasty, light enough to hover.

Me: "Yo, I'm looking for a pair of pants."
Guy: "These are super sweet [points me to bright red pants].

They looked as if I would have trouble even fitting my arms through each leg. FUCK yes! This was going to be ridiculous.

Guy: "They're a little small but once you wear tight-pants you don't ever wanna go back."

Hell to the fuck yes!

I take the pants to the dressing room and literally could not get the size 31 waist pants all the way up my legs. But after much hard work I got them on.

The first thought that came to mind? Take them off.

But I was able to button them up, flex my soccer-legs that can also be mistaken for tree trunks and only wished I was wearing one white glove, because I had this incredible desire to do a Michael Jackson snap kick, spin and moonwalk across the floor to see people's reaction.

Instead I ripped them off and concluded they're not for me.

No comments: