Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Savory Sounds For You

I was given the day off today, and given that there are more things going on in my life that will fit in the body of this entry, I'll keep the blog formatted and feed you one topical blog at a time for the next three consecutive days.

Today, you will be briefed by material that will testify my laurels as a blogger and you will likely feel compelled to postulate the mysteries that surround YOUR lackluster ineptitude when it comes to proficiently fishing for decent chicken of the sea (music on the Internet) and you will realize that your music consumption is not as deliciously amazing as my savory palette is accustomed to reeling in.

Disclaimer ... in 5..4..3..2..1 ...

Fret not though, I am humble despite the aforementioned comment and I will share with you some noteworthy tracks getting heavy rotation with me. I also surfed upon Mambo#5 and it wasn't in grave error either. And I'm sure if you had the day off you likely wouldn't devote a good hour to finding music either. So if we were to create a Power Rankings of most douchey and absurd comments, that music snob comment takes the cake at the top!!!!

Everyone has their own preferences, but I enjoy finding new and unique music because I exercise this logic: Rooting for Justin Timberlake is like rooting for Bill Gates to find a $20 bill ... It's not imaginative, courageous or fun. It might be good music, but I'm looking for stuff that's personal, that I can call my own and raise my nose to on occasion when an uniformed person asks "what's this crap?"

Before I drop an unsuspecting play list on your head like an anvil ... understand that if you ever want to know how to ruin a perfectly dull and lame coffee shop experience, consult with good music and thoughtful marination over a hearty cup of Dominican coffee and scan through a to-do list as you make convincing eye-contact with attractive girls in bright colored sun dresses.

No matter what you say, that small formula between the hours of 1 and 3 p.m. worked for me.

It's no secret. White Denim makes good music. Enjoy. It's likely my favorite band out right now. Their highly anticipated album is set to release some time this summer.

White Denim - "Migration Winds"




But what's this link right below you ask? Well, I'm glad you asked. If you're a big fan of Menomena (PORTLAND!!) you'll likely take an interest in their side project called, Lackthereof. I'm really liking it and can't wait for their album to drop on July 22.

Lackthereof - "Last November" Mp3


These guys are called the Kiss Off. It's like Hot Chip meets Junior Boys in a lo-lit alley somewhere and they both conspire after the 2 a.m. last call to make sweet passionate love to the late '80s, who was drunk out of her mind, walking home all alone ... and they make lots of bastard children with a dope ass drum pad and synth key-tar!

The Kiss Off - "Amplify"



Wish you had money to download good music? Really good music that's getting more buzz than a bee hive full of vodka and Red Bulls? Peep this Web site. The downloads are free SUCKA!

Free Indie

Hit it hard, with a closed fist. It's seriously good music for free, and it downloads super fast. You can thank me by giving me your first born child.


It's all about finding new stuff, getting rid of the old. I can't stress that enough ... cool little track that shifts midway through.

Dr. Dog - "The Old Days" mp3


Here's the awesome new video for No Age. They're an electronic/experimental outfit out of Los Angeles with an uncanny knack for slightly otherworldly post-punk rock. I'm surprised MTV got a hold of this band ... waka waka.
No Age - "Eraser"



The Calgary (that's Canada) band Women are catching my attention lately, mainly because they're working with Chad vanGaalen. You'll love this too.
Women - "Cameras" mp3


And here's Bon Iver playing an impromptu take away show for blogotheque in Paris. I highly recommend Bon Iver.



Ratatat is BACK! And damn I love this track called "Falcon Jab." It's safe to assume all tracks involving animals are amazing. Remember wildcat?

Ratatat - "Falcon Jab" mp3

And for good measure, here's a song by Alias called "Crosswalks" that is also winning some of my attention. It's an epic track.

Alias - "Crosswalks" mp3


So there you have it people. An actual blog embedded with multimedia components, albeit skin and bones, but still interactive nonetheless.

No comments: